Follow in his footstep

My boy amptlyfe is another personal hero (see post: Go! Big Red Fire Engine!) he is my eldest daughter's significant other and he is going through a self induced trauma at the moment.

I just want to salute this young man and tell him that he has my respect for the decision he made a while back regarding his right leg. After many years of living with the results of a nasty motorbike accident, he took back control of his destiny. He chose to have it amputated, half way between the ankle and the knee, to afford himself a better life. No easy choice to make for anyone.

He is lucky in many ways, he has the right attitude and a strong will, his mother and father (good people) have been there with him every stretch of the way (I cannot even begin to think about what they have been through down the years with this) and he has the love, devotion and support of a good woman - an angel (I would say that, she is my daughter), something that will give any man wings.

Hero is a well over used word, but here it stands, he never signed up for this but he is dealing with it with all the positivity he can muster. 

There is an Instagram account: #amptlyfe where he has started a diary of his experience, have a butchers and please support by following or sharing.

Go! Big Red Fire Engineer! Better days ahead fella.

Comments

Popular Posts