Noam Chomsky


Where do I start with this intellectual giant, another personal hero - although he, I am pretty sure, would think me a fool for feeling that way.
But dammit, as Bonnie Tyler (perhaps of slightly lesser intellect) said "I need a hero"
we all need a hero or two, especially right now.

I won't bore you by listing his achievements, just google or You Tube: Noam Chomsky and then, if you haven't heard of him, wonder how the hell not. Well I have an idea why.

Incredibly soft spoken, unbelievably smart and invariably accurate, if not bang on, in his assessments, Mr Chomsky is a voice of sanity in this mad world, He is adored by millions and hated by the powerful few, trying to distract us from the truth of modern life, the people we all need to concern ourselves with.

I think he believes it is already too late for us as a species, but there is a glimmer of hope in the spirit of this man. Long may you roam Noam (sorry).

Photo show Noam a few decades back, he is now in his 80s, and even sharper.

Comments

Popular Posts