Risk it for a Biscuit

I fractured my upper arm reaching for a biscuit.
Sorry, I know it's in bad taste but there is only one way I can cope with this latest development, through the medium of flakey humour, please bear with...

It wasn’t even a Hobnob, it was just a crumbly shortbread which any self-respecting humerus should be able to cope with. It was an eye-opener to feel the crack of a bone whilst reaching for a snack to accompany a hot beverage. Yowser.

Doctors thinks that the cancer may have spread to my bones which has made them weaker and brittle. which is bad news for me... and biscuit sales in Prestwood. So, on top of specs, oxygen air line, iPhone chargers and headphone leads, I now have a sling, on my right arm just to make this even more ironic. I have to concede I am becoming the wrong kind of "hot mess".
Biggest biscuit ever: The largest biscuit measured 754 m² (8,120 ft²) and was made by the Immaculate Baking Company (USA) in Flat Rock, North Carolina, USA on 17 May 2003. The chocolate chip cookie weighed 18 tonnes (40,000 lb) and had a diameter of 30.7m.
Biggest biscuit in production: Monte Carlos are an Australian sweet biscuit that have been manufactured since 1926. With an average mass of 20.8 grams, the Monte Carlo is one of the heaviest biscuit available. As a cream biscuit, each biscuit comprises two biscuit layers sandwiching a creamy filling, both sides of the Monte Carlo are rough. The biscuit layers have a mild taste of golden syrup, honey and coconut, and the cream layer consists of a vanilla flavoured cream filling sounded by a thin toffee-like coating of raspberry jam. 

Strangely apt and angry song by Limp Bizkit: Break Stuff
Photo: The biggest Hobnob ever baked (an actual size one appears top right), which is dwarfed by the biggest biscuit ever, see above.

Comments

Popular Posts