Tubes help you breeze more easily.

Tubes are handy. Tubes get you places. Russell Brand said he loved my tubes, silly git, well I love Russell. I was at his Hammersmith gig the other day and frankly without all this "shit" on my face I would not have got the chance to connect with him... Always look for the upside.

He arrived in a flurry of fan adoration and was mobbed, he scanned around the foyer full of lovely young ladies (mostly) and his eyes landed on me as he shouted in his delightful Cockney nasaliciousness: "Hello! Do I know you?"

It's funny, once you get into your fifties you become increasingly invisible to the world. Just another, middle aged, blank faced grey blob. A free Uber driver for your kids to call when they are stuck in London after the last train has gone, where you will sit there in a car full of young ladies and yet not be there, they are so oblivious that they are being inappropriate without a thought.
I have a problem with being ignored, rather like Russell, I would rather people vilify me than they were not aware that I am present. I know, I know, its ego, but as Russell said: "I'm tryin'".

And then the Oxygen equipment became  necessity and guess what? with that hanging out of my hooter I am "Visible" again.

I will say that this State-Of-The-Art Portable Oxygen Concentrator that I have been supplied is the most brilliant bit of kit, it's light, fairly quiet, rechargeable and able to run (as long as it is charged) all day long. Thank you, all the lovely nurses of  Stoke Mandeville's Respiratory Team, you are wonderful people (do not disrespect the NHS around me, that's obscene) If your experience with the NHS on any level has been negative then you simply haven't connected with the right people yet.

Listen to Roadrunner on my Spotify - play it loud as you can bear

Comments

Popular Posts