Remember, Remember, the 5th of November

All Hallowtide is a special time of year. "All Hallows Eve" on 31st October, followed by "Dia de los Muertos" (actually a three day event ending on 2nd November), and "Bonfire Night"   on Sunday 5th - not simply a celebration of "The Gunpowder Plot" but actually a remnant of the old pagan sacrificial rite of burning an effigy which represents the eradication of all the unwanted (or evil) spirits of the year passed.

For the last nine months, I have been undergoing treatment for cancer, both traditional and alternative. I was told a couple of weeks ago that the chemotherapy hadn't done it's work on the particularly aggressive form that I am harbouring, and that there will be no more of that forthcoming.

So, as part of the next chapter of my cure, I would like to invite you to take part in a Healing Meditation on Sunday 5th November starting at 4pm and ending at 5pm. This has been organised by a friend and mentor: Simon "Cisco" of Heart Kitchen who found a path out of simply being a "sufferer" into a world of adventure just a few short months ago. Cisco, I am listening, watching and following your breadcrumbs all the way to the Cammino di Francesco in 2018. Peace be upon you.

If you want to get involved, wherever in the world you are, be there with me in spirit, then go light a bonfire (or a candle) look up at the full moon just on the wane and give thanks for this amazing life. 

Remember, remember, positive thoughts have power.

Sacrificial Bonfire by XTC. 
Listen to my XTC Playlist on Spotify 

Photo: My avatar, the Guido, the Anonymous Plotter, in his helmet - life sucks sometimes, get one.

Comments

Popular Posts