B+

If you are squeamish about blood then either get over it, or go farm your Facebook, because I have seen a lot of blood in the last few days which got me to thinking and then to tappin'.

Don’t be too concerned I wasn’t shot in a drive-by incident, that doesn’t happen very often in Prestwood, although there is the sound of shotguns coming from the other side of Crook’s Wood, they are more likely to have a Pheasant than a Peacock in their sights.

I have had two days of nosebleed (note the accent on singular), due to a blood thinning drug with which the wonderful syringe packers of Stoke Mandy have been jacking me.

They can tell an awful lot about your current state of health from “Bloods” - as healthcare pros call them, and pressure, sugar, oxygen levels, speed of flow are the four main observations they are gagging to make the moment you walk through the door.

Amazing fluid, blood: it literally delivers in seconds everything you and I need... to be. In pre-christian times it was imbued with magical properties and used in sacrifice, until a hippy called Jesus upgraded us lucky old Christians with Sacrifice 2.0 where we drink his blood (in this case represented by Claret* negating the need to waste a perfectly good goat). Even as I am letting it drip down the drain this valuable liquid is selling for hard cash to someone on the skids somewhere in the world. It’s a beautiful colour too - the reddest red. I love Red me, proper Fire Engine, Post Box, Rose Red and every Valentine's heart fills me with love for the colour and all it reprazents. If you are a lover of cinema you too will  have seen lakes of fake blood convincing and ludicrous in degrees, especially, if like me, you love a bit of Coppolla, Scorsese or Tarantino and the rest of their red-spattered blood brothers.

And then there is the most precious flow, the river that flows from 100,000+ years of ancestry to your mother and father, down and through to children (where you would never want to see it shed). We still swim in that river, physicists say that it is the last remain of our aquatic origin and that we carry some of it at all times in the form of blood inside our individual body bags, how magical is that? One last beg on the subject Give blood if you can, you can make it back in a couple of hours and its the gift that keeps on delivering for up to a year.

Like Hannibal, I am getting a taste for this blood thing, I think I am going to write an entry on werewolves.

BadScooterist Out

Photo: Dr. Scooterist and his nervous assistant Savidge preparing for theatre.

* B+: Be Positive (to my loved ones I swear I will be, as long as there is blood flowing through my veins)

**Claret - another winning Cockney expression, in this case for guess what? blood.

Comments

Popular Posts