On The Road Again

I have just gone into Rehab.

I started a nine week course on coping with Pulmonary Fibrosis – my underlying breathing issue. At first I was reluctant to do this, as I thought that it would not apply to my situation and I feared it might be a waste of time, turns out far from it.

Week one consisted of an assessment with respiratory nurses and psychiatric evaluation.
I received a lot of attention and I was listened to. In fact, after speaking to the nurses at length about what I really wanted to do, I was offered new equipment (a portable Oxygen concentrator) which, though not for everyone, suits me down to the ground. Instead of being constantly concerned with the status of oxygen content in bottles, I can now jump in the car or on my scooter and go. There are downsides: battery time, weight of equipment but even so, this is so much more flexible. But so what I am back on the endless grey ribbon.

I now have great hopes for this course, to gain fitness as well as knowledge of different breathing techniques. I must learn how to breath, for that alone, I can't wait.

Soon be doing cross country, east coast to west coast runs again (smoking a dusty old Challenger would be nice), Kowalski style... in my dreams.

Photo is a still from the 1971 film "Vanishing Point", a petrolhead cult classic.


Comments

Popular Posts