Cockneys versus Zombies

During my Chemotherapy treatment I spent a lot of my time at home unable to do much else but watch TV, absolutely caning Netflix and Amazon Prime to death.

Watching "A Fireplace for your home" - literally video of a wood fire which just crackles away for hours - was a low point, but I realised that I had hit rock bottom when I got to "Cockneys versus Zombies" - an appalling bit of take the money and run cinema, featuring a reprise of the Bricktop character from Snatch.

There is some great stuff out there on internet TV as well as a whole raft of crap on terrestrial.
Here are some of my highlights, but trust me I waded through some serious too too to get to this list:

Cinema:
Mystic River
The Free State of Jones
Savages
The Pope of Greenwich Village

Digital TV series:
Better Call Saul
Hatfields & McCoys
Flaked
Black Sails
Breaking Bad
American Gods
Lillyhammer
Animal Kingdom
The Last Kingdom
Ozark
Fargo
Schitts Creek
Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Ray Donovan
Suits

Rodney King - a powerful poetry performance by Roger Guenveur Smith, directed by Spike Lee.
Louie CK - TV Specials

The Handmaids Tale

Phot: "Bricktop" in a show stealing scene from Snatch.



Comments

Popular Posts