Bukowski

I woke up feeling a bit ropey this morning.
I  don’t know exactly why, (that’s the wonder of what I am going through, you never know what you are going to get, every day), anyway it got me thinking about the last time I had a hangover - a proper one, that was quite a few years ago. But my head is thumping at the moment so that story will be for another day.

On this subject, there is someone I have always admired, someone I have a lot of respect for, probably a lot more than he had for himself, but that was part of his art. At first sight he looks like an alcoholic low life (which he kind of was), he doesn’t sound too good either, his voice a monotone drone, but his writing, poetry and prose, revealed (to me at least) that he was an important poet of our generation.

Whatever your view may be about this fella, he lived his life his way, isn't that what we all aspire to do? Here is a link to some of his work, what do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts