Knob Burn

Since the very first time I came running home from Woolworths on a Saturday morning with a 45rpm single (it was on the Tamla Motown label: Smokey Robinson's Tracks Of My Tears), I have been an enthusiast and collector of popular recorded music.

Back in the day I was a spotty little Vinyl Junkie and  a compact cassette home taping fanatic and since the digital revolution, a collector of mp3 digital music. When people learn this about you they invariably ask "What kind of music do you listen to?" this is the hardest question to answer, I wish I had a really smart reply but I usually say "all kinds really" which is not particularly true either. So in an effort to describe what kind of music gives me "knob burn" (hi-fi knob - keep it clean) I have made some playlists.

I have avoided ultimate top twenty song lists my whole life. For various reasons - in the end what does it mean to anyone? – after all it's just a personal view and mine would always be a dynamic list which would change daily if not monthly. But what the hell, everybody does it now. If nothing else there are a few hot biscuits here that anyone with blood in their veins would love.

So, in the spirit of the late great Radio DJ Charlie Gillet, I have made a few playlists on Spotify and if you are interested you can follow them at the links below. If you are really old school I can put them onto Compact Cassette - remember them?

Bad Scooter R&B  (Jazz, Ballads, Soul)
Bad Scooter Freeze Out (Springsteen)
Bad Scooter Balls Out  (America Rock)
Bad Scooter Skank (Reggae & stations south)
Bad Scooter Unforgiven (Blue Blue Blue)
Bad Scooter Prairie Hat (Country)
Bad Scooter Cunning Stunts (Jazz)

This lists will be added to and updated in future, and there will be more.

If you are still awake, here follows a list of my favourite recording artist's best album work these again, change by the hour...

Blue: Joni Mitchell
Skylarking: XTC
The La's: The La's
The Wild, The Innocent & The east Street Shuffle: Bruce Springsteen
Gaucho: Steely Dan
Midnight Blue: Kenny Burrell
Imperial Bedroom: Elvis Costello
Revolver: The Beatles
Sail Away: Randy Newman
Heart Attack & Vine: Tom Waits
5 Leaves Left: Nick Drake
Pronounced Lynyrd Skynyrd: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Feats Don't Fail Me Now: Little Feat
Kind of Blue: Miles Davis
Nirvana: Smells Like Teen Spirit
Rickie Lee Jones: Rickie Lee Jones

The Singles will be available on Compact Cassette from BadScooterist Records soon.
Don't all rush at once.


Comments

Superbian said…
Diving in. I may be gone for some time!
Superbian said…
In response to this post. https://open.spotify.com/user/superbian64/playlist/0Lrh1n7QP8YyCIpZKmASN1

Popular Posts